Thursday, February 24, 2011

Best Laid Plans

Well, my father showed up with my kegerator last week. It is not a chest freezer, it’s a small apartment-sized upright that’s about 4 feet high and 2 feet wide and about 2 ½ feet deep. No problem, I can still make this bad boy work (I’m thinking to myself). I’ll just put my taps in the door like people do with refrigerators, and I’ll probably only be able to get my CO2 bottle and 2 or 3 kegs in there – I can live with that for now. We carry it down to my basement and plug it in and it fires right up. I then go to pull out the shelves and they don’t budge. Evidently the coolant lines run through the shelves and they aren’t removable. My dream of having beer on tap in the next couple of weeks goes down in flames. On the bright side, I have a freezer full of hops and Bambi and in the process have made the warden (err wife) happy by making lots of room for her in the inside freezer. On to plan B, I guess…

No comments: