Thursday, January 20, 2011

A Lead on a Kegerator

I posted a while back that I planned to soon get into kegging. I’ve been looking for quite some time for a used freezer, but haven’t been able to find what I wanted. I was talking to my Father a few weeks ago and I asked him if he knew anyone that had a chest freezer that they didn’t use. Lo and behold, he has a chest freezer sitting in the garage of his river house that he doesn’t use. Once we make sure the thing still works, I’ve got the makings of a kegerator. Based on the dimensions he gave me, it looks like it’s about 10 cubic feet. I plan to attach a wooden collar to put my taps through. I think I’d like to eventually have 4 taps, but that really depends on how well my stuff fits in there. Hopefully in the next week or so I’ll have it at home and can start planning my kegerator upgrade.

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Just finished up my kegerator this past weekend. It's not a freezer conversion but you still might find it interesting. Check it out on my site when you get a chance. Please feel free to leave any suggenstions or comments also. Good luck. Clay