Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Amarillo Sky Tasting Notes

Sorry that it has been quite a while since I posted. Life has gotten in the way lately – it doesn’t help that my three daughters are on two separate swim teams. I thought I’d do some tasting notes from my Amarillo Sky split batch.

Amarillo Sky (SN yeast)
Aroma: Citrusy – the Amarillo hops smack you in the nose
Appearance: light amber with a decent white head with plenty of staying power, nice lacing
Flavor: bitter in the front and clean and citrusy thoughout, plenty of malt to support the hops
Mouthfeel: medium bodied, moderate carbonation, very refreshing

The notes would look very similar for the Belgianized version except that it had a small amount of peach and apple in both the aroma and flavor. The next time I brew something like this, I’ll cool down to around 60F and then ferment in my hot garage to try to get the fermentation up in the 80s and get the most fruitiness and spiciness out of the yeast.

No comments: