Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Kegging

A while back I saw an ad on Craigslist for corny kegs. During Thanksgiving week I met the guy and ended up purchasing 9 pin lock kegs. I already had 1 ball lock keg along with the fittings, but with ball lock kegs in such short supply, I think making the switch to pin locks might be the way to go. I also have a 5 lb. CO2 canister, but the thing I really need is a chest freezer to convert to a kegerator. I’ve been on the lookout for one for a while. I hope to find one between 10 and 15 cubic feet. I’d like to have enough room for 4 to 5 kegs plus a 10 lb. C02 bottle. I’ll probably have taps for 4 kegs plus a separate setup for carbonating a 5th keg. If I get a freezer closer to 15 cubic feet I'll have some lagering space. My plan is to build a collar and run the lines and taps through the collar. Hopefully I’ll acquire my kegerator in the next month or so. It’d be nice to put bottling in the rear view mirror. I’d probably brew a lot more if I didn’t have to bottle.

No comments: