Monday, April 23, 2012

Keezer Status


A couple of weekends ago, I started building the collar for my kegerator. I went to Home Depot and purchased a 2’’x6’’, stain, pre-stain treatment, brackets and some weather stripping. I had decided that I wanted to make 45o cuts because they typically look nicer. Well, unfortunately these looked like crap. For some reason my cuts were not straight from top to bottom. I’ve never cut anything larger than baseboard trim on this miter saw, but I’ve never had trouble with angled cuts before. Regardless, the best I can do right now is to make straight cuts, so I bought another board and proceeded to cut my four pieces and bracket them together. I now just need to drill holes in the front for the taps, in the rear for the thermostat and gas line, stain it, insulate it, and mount my manifold, shanks and taps. Hopefully there will be beer on tap in the next two weeks.

No comments: