Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Keezer parts are in

I’m trying to get ramped up so that I can get my keezer put together. I placed my first order with Austin Homebrew Supply and among my goodies are most of my kegerator parts. I keep hearing that the Perlick faucets are the only way to go, so I went ahead and bought 3 Perlick forward sealing faucets as well as my 4” shanks and the liquid and gas disconnects for my pin lock kegs.

I now have 1 ball lock keg (I purchased the single keg draft system from More Beer a couple of years ago) as well as 9 pin lock kegs I bought from some folks that failed to get their cidery off the ground. My plan was to put 4 kegs on draft, but I measured my keezer based on the size of my ball lock keg and the pin lock kegs are a bit fatter, so I’ll probably just put 3 on draft to start. If I acquire another ball lock keg down the road, I might add a 4th tap.

To complete my keezer, I still need to build the collar – my tentative plan is to go with 2x6s to get some height in case I want to stick a 4th keg or a fermenter on the compressor shelf. I also need to purchase a gas manifold and the gas and beer tubing. Hopefully I can find some time this weekend to get started.

No comments: